I had a lovely birthday yesterday. As one of my "presents to self" I decided not to do a long, long run. Instead, I got up early and ran an easy 26km. The first 21km I ran by myself and then Special K joined me for the last 5km. Since I normally run with various run groups and am normally tired by the last 5km on Saturdays, it was pleasantly different to have Special K's company and to still have enough energy to chat and laugh.
I got some lovely presents including some great winter motorbike/scooter gear for when the inevitable cold weather hits. I'm secretly hoping that it's cold on Monday morning so I can wear my new boots. They are particularly cool (no pun intended!).
Some of the best presents though are not material things and one of the birthday presents I appreciated the most was Special K and Capital I (ie, my 17yr old son) doing the weekly grocery shopping for me. Not wasting another 90 minutes of my life in Woolworths, let alone 90 minutes of my birthday(!), was an awesome gift. (And yes, they did get everything on the list. And no, there weren't tooooooooo many extra things in the bags when they got home. Just some extra chocolate and an enormous water melon!)
Then in the evening we all walked to Carlo's @ Watson for my birthday dinner. The food, wine and chat were all good, and topped off a restful and special day. So .... so far being 48yrs old has been pretty good!
Thanks everyone for the birthday messages. I really appreciated all of them.
2 comments:
Aaaw - what a lovely birthday and well-deserved too. Carlo's is one of my favourite eating spots. It sounds like a perfect and very special day. :)I'm looking forward to seeing those 'cool' boots!
One can never have too much winter motorcycle gear! My favs are a silk balaclava and good quality gloves.
Wish I had a dollar for every minute I've wasted in a Woolies queue!
Post a Comment