Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Great Marathon News

Great news for those of us with a vested interest in the Griffin program being maintained as part of the Canberra Marathon. After some uproar and a certain amount of debate, the new owners of the Canberra Marathon are going to work with the YMCA of Canberra Runners Club to maintain the tradition.

Hi Elizabeth

I can confirm that the Griffin program will still be going ahead. We are working with the YMCA of Canberra Runners Club to ensure runners such as yourself are recognised for your efforts.

As information becomes available it will be posted on the website.

Regards

Jane
Fairfax Media


I guess I'd better start training :)

4 comments:

strewth said...

Oh wow - that is indeed good news. Yay, I am so relieved and happy and I bet you are too! :)

Two Fruits said...

Are you going to Centennial Park next weekend ?
That's good training, just add a bit of speed work.

Ewen said...

That's great news. Only 6 to go for me ;) I suggest something a little shorter than CP for your regular long run.

Jog Blog said...

Not sure about CP.

Unless I'm impossibly sick or injured, I'm a definite for my 10th Canberra Marathon.