
(a) My start in the Age-Sex Adjusted Cross Country Championships (7.5km) off a 14.48 handicap.
(b) The Weston Creek Athletic Club members who ran in the ASA Cross Country Championships today. We won the team category with the lowest/fastest team score. Yey team!
This weekend is the Stromlo Running Festival and as part of that I raced in the Australian Age-Sex Adjusted (ASA) Cross Country Championships (7.5km) this morning. It's a long time since I've run in such a short event and even longer since I've run in a handicapped race. I ran it in 32.26 which was okay - nothing flash in open, outright terms, but decent enough on the age and gender relative scale which is what today's race was all about. In other words I ran okay for a little 48yr old lady!.
There's a difference between enjoying a race and being glad you did it. I was glad I did the race today but it wasn't really my idea of fun running. I still enjoy longer races more - they hurt in a different, more tolerable way to me, and I am a lot more practised at them. I did however, really enjoy the atmosphere at the festival and it was great to catch up with so many of my running mates. It also left me thinking that I should run/race short more often and I should definitely run for my club (Weston Creek Athletic Club) more often.
1 comment:
It was a fun morning, although the coffee was crap compared to the better WM ones. You need a pair of black shorts ;)
The Saturday arvo winter races are good value for short distance practise. I plan to do more of those this year.
Post a Comment