Saturday, January 29, 2011

Decent Kilometres





I finished my running week of 140kms with a 31km run this morning @ a comfy 5min/km pace. It was a cool, clear morning - ideal for running - and it was satisfying to finish off a solid week of running feeling good.



A 140km week is a substantial week for me and I know from my stress fracture history that I can't do too many weeks of that many kms before I start to crack (or before my bones start to crack!). So, I'll drop the kms back this coming week.

The only other running related thing worthy of note is that I am delighted with my new Mizuno Precision shoes. I've run in Mizunos for >10years but this is the first pair of these lightweight racers I've had. They are light and airy. They are also pretty and we all know that that's important.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

That's a surprise - you looked as fresh as a freshly brewed coffee! Good week. Pretty shoes - make sure you check them for spiders ;)

strewth said...

That's a lot of kilometres - fantastic week Jog. Your shoes are gorgeous and you're quite right - that IS important! :)

Two Fruits said...

Received a FB commment from Martin, he is just starting to train for CP100 with a 30 km today. Plenty of time he says. May be has bought new shoes as well. Your's certainly look good.