
It's summer, right? And summer is hot, right? Well .... not in Ballarat it's not. We're just back from 5 days there, including Christmas with my side of the family. Being the minimalist suitcase packer I am (joke!) I packed singlets and shorts to run in. How cold I turned out to be! Brrrrrr ......... It was 2° one morning and 5° on another. The others weren't much better, nothing warmer than 9°. It was just lucky that I was able to generate some metaphorical warmth for myself by enjoying some nostalgic time running around the lake there and hanging out with the extended family. It didn't quite translate into increasing the air temerature but at least it stopped me from being pre-occupied with the miserable weather the whole time I was there. We're back home now and the end of 2010 and the start of 2011 is nigh. Today/tomorrow I will do my annual running stocktake for 2010 and lay out my broad training plan for the 2011 events I have chosen so far.
1 comment:
Just about to hit the road to Wagga. 38C Sunday! Happy 2011 and catch you at the cafes.
Check this out!
http://char-mylifesamarathon.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment