Thursday, December 2, 2010

100km Deja Vu?

It's been pretty wet, soggy running in the rain so far this week. Our dams are now ~92% full. That's enough. It's officially summer and I'm ready for hot, dry days. Bring them on!

I haven't made definite running/racing plans for 2011 but running a marathon in Japan or New Zealand around May was what I've been thinking most about. However, a new 100km event has just been organised. See: http://www.aura.asn.au/CP100.html. It will be a Sydney version of the 100km Tan Ultra Marathon in Melbourne - ie, laps of a ~3.55km circuit in Centennial Park in Sydney compared to laps of a ~3.8km circuit around the Tan in Melbourne. Given what a satisfying challenge it was to run and win the Tan Ultra 100km in my inaugural attempt at 100km, the Centennial Park 100km is tempting but ...... it's in February and I think that's a bit too soon. Hmmmm ....?

6 comments:

Two Fruits said...

I didn't know it was on,but go for it. You did well at Tan on little specific training. A good long outing. Is it a day or night run ? Where is the info about the event?

Two Fruits said...

Oops, dummy me, the link is there. I will check it out over the weekend, it's too late at night now.

Ewen said...

Exciting. It's not too soon for you! A shorter circuit will keep the lap scorers busy. If it's flatter than the Tan, it should be good for records.

Two Fruits said...

Are you even vaguely thinking about the Centennial Park 100 km ? Sounds like half a chance, other things need to fall in place before hand, but maybe...

Jog Blog said...

I really don't know Two Fruits. On the face of it it is appealing - ie, it's conveniently located and on a type of circuit that suits my style of running. The "but" is that I've been running crap for the last month or so. I'm giving myself til Xmas to decide about next year's running events. What about you? Are you up for the 100km @ Centennial Park?

Two Fruits said...

After today's run I would say maybe, but there are almost 3 months before end of Feb to prepare. With nothing else of real consequence before going away on our extended holiday, it will be a nice one to do, it's also a new event. A good surface, packed dirt, long circuits, flatter than Tan. But is will be very warm & probably humid. At this stage,a good chance, but not putting the entry in just yet. In summary, a definite maybe. Ha!