Sunday, December 5, 2010

More Ordinary than Extraordinary

The title of this blog entry really typifies how I've been running over the last month or so. Still, as they say, there is no such thing as junk miles and so hopefully my ordinary running will still count for something when I decide on my 2011 goal races.

It was fabulous to see Shireen Crumpton win the Kepler Challenge in NZ, followed by Vanessa H not too far behind her in 2nd place. Issy B was a reasonable distance/time behind them but she still ran a respectable 5th place. Well done girls!

Also fabulous to see how much early interest there is in the Centennial Park 100km scheduled for 27 Feb. The scene is set for a good, competitive 100km both among the men and the women.

4 comments:

Ewen said...

I need to work less so I can run junk miles ;) It's a tough time of the year. You'll come good.

That would have been a great race between Shireen and Vanessa. It'll be interesting to see what the fields are for the CP100.

Jog Blog said...

Just 6mins between Shireen and Vanessa - 5.46.02 Vs 5.52.02.

You are right, I think everyone feels "end of year" tired at the moment. My running certainly does. Sigh ....

softshoeshuffle said...

I saw you put your entry in for CP100. Good one! I might not be far behind you. Just looking a my options.

Jog Blog said...

Just buying myself the option. Entries have been limited by the Council.