
Entries for the 6' track opened and closed today. Apparently the race was full about 20-30mins after opening. WOW! I hope those of you who really wanted to get in got a place on the start line.
Having decided not to run the 6' track next year I was glad not to have the early morning pressure of trying to log on (on the dot of 9am!) in the hope of getting an entry in. Instead, I ran a cruisey medium distance run with the regular Wednesday morning boys.
There's two sides to this story though. Is it good that I don't want to run the 6' track because I'm running so poorly at the moment or is it because I'm running so poorly at the moment that I don't want to run the 6' track? Either way, I'm running poorly.....
2 comments:
Just need to focus on the next event and one day we will get descent summer weather. Then the form will return, and away you go.
It wasn't that many years ago, that a sub 4:30 hrs at SFT got me 36th place overall out of 575 starters. Now, they have 575 on the waiting list.
I've been running poorly since this year's 6'!
According to Roger, at least with the new system those with 6+ runs have guaranteed entry if they enter within 24 hours. I'll probably have a run in 2012 (if I run a good 5k by then!).
Post a Comment