Now Ultra Short Video would have been a better title than The Tan Ultra 100k!
It was easy to make you look good because you did. Except for maybe some facial expressions between 70 and 99.5k... but luckily I forgot to film that part of the race ;)
Good point re: the facial expressions .... Did you see the 100km Tan Ultra Marathon race organiser's report? It said, and I quote:
"The Female 100k was won in emphatic style by Liz Bennett bettering the previous record by over 40mins. Just the sheer look of gritty determination on her face lap after lap, proving to me that Liz was not entering this event to come second. She ploughed through the field and managed to raise a smile two steps past the finish line, a really wonderful job well done."
Obviously I'm not a very smiley runner on the outside. But I smile (a bit!) on the inside and a lot (both inside and outside) when I cross the finish line.
Lol! Love that! "Gritty determination" sums it up beautifully and it worked obviously. Love the video. You're very smiley when you finished - the smile stayed there for ages. I can't possibly imagine why!! What an achievement. :)
I didn't see that report, but it's a great and apt quote. For the last 1/4 of ultras you'll have to practise the pain grimace that looks like a smile ;)
Thanks for the link. I was thinking at the time that April couldn't have been that close to you with the amount of walking she'd done since you passed her. An easier way to practise your ultra smile would be to walk bare-foot on hot sand ;)
Smile or no smile I think 1-2 ultras per year is enough for me. That means I can tick my full quota of 2 ultras off my list for 2010 and be fat and lazy for the rest of the year.
Hope you are over the worst of your cold Ewen and will soon be back out there running.
7 comments:
Now Ultra Short Video would have been a better title than The Tan Ultra 100k!
It was easy to make you look good because you did. Except for maybe some facial expressions between 70 and 99.5k... but luckily I forgot to film that part of the race ;)
Good point re: the facial expressions .... Did you see the 100km Tan Ultra Marathon race organiser's report? It said, and I quote:
"The Female 100k was won in emphatic style by Liz Bennett bettering the previous record by over 40mins. Just the sheer look of gritty determination on her face lap after lap, proving to me that Liz was not entering this event to come second. She ploughed through the field and managed to raise a smile two steps past the finish line, a really wonderful job well done."
Obviously I'm not a very smiley runner on the outside. But I smile (a bit!) on the inside and a lot (both inside and outside) when I cross the finish line.
Lol! Love that! "Gritty determination" sums it up beautifully and it worked obviously. Love the video. You're very smiley when you finished - the smile stayed there for ages. I can't possibly imagine why!! What an achievement. :)
I didn't see that report, but it's a great and apt quote. For the last 1/4 of ultras you'll have to practise the pain grimace that looks like a smile ;)
Full 100km Tan Ultra Marathon report by the race organiser is here:
http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=26714&pid=596378&mode=threaded&start=300#entry596378
I'll have to think about how many times I want to run 100km to practice my ultra smile.
Thanks for the link. I was thinking at the time that April couldn't have been that close to you with the amount of walking she'd done since you passed her. An easier way to practise your ultra smile would be to walk bare-foot on hot sand ;)
Smile or no smile I think 1-2 ultras per year is enough for me. That means I can tick my full quota of 2 ultras off my list for 2010 and be fat and lazy for the rest of the year.
Hope you are over the worst of your cold Ewen and will soon be back out there running.
Post a Comment