Never having run a 100km ultra marathon before, I'm too scared not to taper properly, and so this past week I have been very lazy - just running short and slow with some days off. The plan is to be just as lazy this week or cummulatively more lazy. Tapering is never that much fun but not tapering will make the Tan Ultra 100km a lot less "fun".
6 comments:
Good thinking & plan Liz, should work well for you. Tapering is never fun, but then if you don't, then run day will be no fun & the recovery will be even less fun. So far, so good. See you down in Melbourne.
Yeah, well, since I haven't trained properly I had better have a go at tapering properly! Nothing to lose .... See you in Melb Two Fruits and Nick M.
If your week finishes Sunday, it'll look funny in the diary - 160k for the week including taper ;)
Is the race this weekend or next?
(Oh, and I like the new background!) :-)
It's this coming Sunday Steph. Not that I'm calling it a "race". For me it's going to be an event or an adventure or a long day out or ? but not a race.
Glad you like the Blog artwork. Not that I had anything to do with creating it. I don't have an artistic bone in my running body.
Post a Comment