As per my last post, I'm a total realist and know that I am not ultra marathon fit. So, while it's flattering to hear people say they think I'll go okay at the Tan Ultra 100km and, and, and .... I repeat .... I am not ultra marathon fit and so my expectations of myself are low. All I want to do is finish the event before the 12hr cut off. Nothing more, nothing less. It would be helpful if other people lowered their expectations of me to match mine. My plan is to approach the event like a tourist - ie, I just want to enjoy the scenery and have a good day. After all, that's what running is all about to me.
3 comments:
We want you to finish before the 12 hour cut off too - otherwise we'll be late for dinner and celebration time ;) Should be a great day - can't wait!
That's the spirit! I love your thinking! That's why you are my support crew. It's going to be great fun - ie, there's going to be lots of coffee, wining and dining, and shopping. Oh ... and a bit of running. Bring it on!
Is too much coffee during the run " performance enhancing"? Could be drug tested ? Easy on the wine, we don't wont you all over the track. Have fun.
Post a Comment