Saturday, August 21, 2010

Recovery Week

This week has been a recovery week for me post the 100km Tan Ultra Marathon last Sunday. I did a few light cross training sessions in the gym early in the week and a few short, slow runs late in the week. Next week will be similar. I believe that while the post ultra marathon DOMS may be similar to the post marathon DOMS the fatigue lasts longer so I'll take it easy for another week or so in an effort to prevent relapsing into major fatigue, or worse still, injury. Having said that, there's lots of great "what next?" options between now and the end of the year and my mind has already moved on to thinking about those. Hopefully my physical recovery and freshening up will coincide with me deciding on what I'm going to race next. That way I can get back into proper training with a specific purpose.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Glad the recovery is going well. It wasn't the 100k that caused the fatigue, it was having to go to work at the crack of dawn the next day ;) Looking forward to hearing about your future racing plans.

Jog Blog said...

Having to go back to work the day after the 100km and then having to work very long days all week has certainly added to my fatigue and the nasty head cold I have had all week. Unfortunately I have more of the same long work days all this week. Ugh! At least pondering "what next?" with running is enjoyable.