Aaaaaaaaghhh!!!! Got up at 4.45am and out to the airport in plenty of time for the 6.30am flight to Melb, which was to connect with the flight to Christchurch NZ. But .... the Can-Melb flight was delayed with "mechanical problems". And delayed, and delayed and delayed and then .... cancelled. Having no hope of making the Melb - Christchurch connection we were offered an alternative route to Christchurch that would still get us there today (define "today"?) - ie, Canb-Syd-Auckland-Christchurch, arriving in the middle of the night. With only 10 minutes to make the decision and being told that that's how it would work "if all connections went as scheduled" we decided it was too risky, too hard, too late, too just not conducive to running a decent marathon tomorrow morning. So, no flight = no marathon.
Think I might go for a short jog to clear my head, get my bearings and think about "what next?"
Note to self: Never travel the day before a marathon. Always travel 2 days before.
6 comments:
Quick! Come to Doomben and run the half with me tomorrow. You could pace me for 92 minutes and 220 seconds.
I'll remember that excuse for my next marathon ;)
It'd be easier to pace Speedygeoff to a 94:56 at Doomben.
What a bugger, hard lesson learned. Couple of deep breaths & de-stress. Sorry to hear the story, a great trip messed up by things out of your control.
Speedygeoff, as tempting as that may be on the spur of the moment, I think I am too late .... Where is Doomben anyway?
Have struggled to feel "okay" today - big anticlimax, bit lost. Sanity jog helped temporarily. Tomorrow is a new day. It will be better.
That's awful!! How're you feeling today? More settled than yesterday?
I was so disappointed for you when I heard your news Liz. That is an absolute bummer! You have all that training inside you - at least now you'll run a really awesome time at the Gold Coast. I think right now you may need something a little stronger than a coffee! :(
Post a Comment