After not running the Christchurch marathon last weekend, my "what next?" has come around more quickly and taken a different form to what it normally does after a marathon. It seems logical to take advantage of my pre Christchurch marathon training and run the Gold Coast marathon on 4 July instead. In theory that's a good idea. The only "but" is that after the disappointment of last weekend I've been struggling to feel motivated about an alternative marathon. I think the motivation will come though and I think it is more likely than not that I will be on the start line of the Gold Coast marathon.
While my mind and body are still deciding about all that I thought I'd run long-ish this morning (31km) so that when the motivation returns I'll at least have done enough top up training to run a decent marathon.
Coffee afterwards with Andy, Victoria, Ruth and Ewen was high quality as usual - both the coffee and the company that is!
4 comments:
Wow! That's a cheerful background - very apt for the Gold Coast. Sorry we were a bit late making coffee - I guessed our loop at 8k but it ended up being 11. At least my navigation was perfect, as was the cake I had with coffee :)
Your cake looked like a work of art - all layered and colourful! It was a good morning out - brisk running and sprightly coffee.
Great to catch up for coffee. It would be a shame to waste all that training - you'll have a cheer squad and plenty of good company for the GC Marathon. :)
Love the new background! Might have to do something more exciting with mine. If you decide to line up for the Gold Coast I'll be cheering you on from Cairns. Sorry I couldn't make it down there this year.
Hopefully next week you'll have more motivation for your running.
Post a Comment