Thank you Ewen! Ewen has come up with this fabulous little chart/criteria for deciding or explaining which race distance(s) appeals to you the most, and it has provided me with a great distraction over the last 24+hrs while dealing with my immense disappointment over VirginBlue causing me to miss my flight to NZ and hence miss the Christchurch Marathon.
I've used Ewen's race distance decision making criteria in my own chart here, but I have changed the race distance options. Ewen's race options were: marathon, 5K, 100m, Olympic Tri. My race distance options are: ultra marathon (50-100km), marathon, 1/2 marathon, 10km, 5km. Each race distance option is evaluated against 5 criteria and marked out of 10 (1 being the lowest score, 10 the highest).
Although Ewen didn't suggest factoring in any weighting of the respective criteria, I'd have to say that "good at it" and "friends do it" are a lot less important to me than the other 3 criteria.
Clearly, for me, the marathon remains my preferred race distance as it has for the last 25+ years.
2 comments:
You are almost too predictable! ;) Actually, I would have thought 'ultra' might have been higher ranked than the 10k. Maybe it will after the Tan. And I'll give you at least an 8 for 'good at it' in the marathon :)
My spread of distances wouldn't fit on the chart. I like anything from 200 metres to 24 hours. If I could make up a chart, I will rate some of them, but " good at them" will rate low on all.
Post a Comment