Monday, April 20, 2009

What's Next?

I seem to have pulled up pretty well from the marathon - bit tired, bit sore but not too much of either, certainly not like post 6ft.

I went into running the marathon yesterday knowing it could go either way in terms of performance post the 6ft track. I wasn't too surprised or too disappointed to run as I did - partly because 6ft took a lot out of me and partly because training for 6ft meant by definition gaining strength and endurance at the expense of speed. Essentially you can't have both/everything all at the same time. So ... now both 6ft and the marathon are behind me and there's a new choice to be made - ie, more strength and endurance to be invested in an ultra marathon or back to the track to build speed again for another shot at a fast (my definition) marathon. Thinking, thinking, thinking .....

3 comments:

Two Fruits said...

Go long and get on the dirt.

Ewen said...

Go for the fast marathon - Melbourne or Sydney. Do ultras when you're old and slow ;) Or 6ft next year off the back of a fast marathon.

Two Fruits said...

Haven't had any enquiries about Sat morning. Maybe still in recovery mode from the marathon. Or saw the weather forecast.