Saturday, April 25, 2009

A New Campaign

It's always nice to have a week of relaxed, unstructured running post marathon, and I've enjoyed that this week. It's good for physical and mental recovery, giving both mind and body a break from the discipline and routine of proper training. This week I've run as I've felt, choosing where and how far to run after getting up and on heading out the door. As it turned out there was a reasonable amount of variation in my runs, culminating in a steady, but nothing special, 25km today.

My "run as I please" week has also given me some good thinking time to decide about "what next?". The choice is becoming clearer for me although it is not yet fixed in my mind or training plans. I think I'll have another shot at a faster marathon in the near future and then build for an ultra later in the year. Of course I could change my mind .....

This afternoon I'm taking my first step towards increasing my speed - ie, I'm having my hair cut. That's sure to shave 20secs/km off my marathon time - yeah, right! - ......

2 comments:

Two Fruits said...

Carefull with the hair bit, what happened to Samson when he had his hair cut, lost all this strength. May be there is a better way to go faster.

Two Fruits said...

Once a marathoner, always a marathoner. It's always one more, the next will be the best ever.