So, today is marathon eve. Like the rest of the bi-polar taper, this last part is like the lull before the storm. I hope my body has a better memory than my mind because the training for and running of the 6ft track seem like ages ago, and rather than feeling like I have "kms in the bank" I feel like I've been lazy and light on with the training.
Driving for 9 hours yesterday has left me with a stiff, sore hammie and glute which I hope loosens up rather than seizes up in the marathon tomorrow. If it stays as a niggle it will be tolerable. (Besides, by half way through the marathon everything will be hurting and so the hammie/glute can then just join the club of body parts causing me grief.)
I jogged a few kms this morning to check that the new batteries in my HRM/foot pod were working okay. All good. This will be the first run in over 12 months in which I've used the HRM/foot pod. I stopped using it because I'd been obsessing over it and found myself treating every training session as a competition against self. That then led to major discouragement when I found that I was losing a lot of those races against self. Tomorrow it will be back on my chest, wrist and foot on the condition that it plays a constructive role. If it starts telling me I'm running like a lame old duck then I'll be turning it off!
No comments:
Post a Comment