Sunday, June 3, 2012

A New Start

This last week was my first week in my new job. I am very happy to be able to report that I am really enjoying it so far and am confident that it will remain both busy and interesting long term. I am also happy to report that making a work/life balance shift and negotiating to work Monday-Thursday inclusive, with every Friday off, is one of the best aspects of my new job. I wish I'd done it years ago :)

I've always been a strong believer in mind and body being closely related and am certain that how one of those entities is feeling always impacts on the other. For this reason I am wondering if the fact that my mind has had a sudden lift in interest and enthusiasm this week with my new job has led to my body appearing to have a similar lift in its zest and capacity for running. I've trained well this week and even though my osteo knee pain persists I seem to have coped with it better this week. By that I mean I seem to have been able to tolerate the pain without it dragging my mood down to the same extent that it has over recent months and I've been optimistically thinking that perhaps I won't have this pain forever. Of course I could just be riding on the high of my new job and the novelty of my new life/work balance. Either way, I intend on enjoying the "up" time while it lasts.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Super jealous of your Fridays off! I should job-share with Ruth then I could have 2 1/2 days off a week ;-)

strewth said...

Great decision to work 4 days Liz. A long weekend every weekend means you can enjoy an extra day when you fly interstate for races:) Do hope you continue to love your new job.