Today, Special K was keen to run in the 5 mile Sri Chinmoy fun run at Telopea Park. I didn't feel like racing either the 5 mile or the half marathon on road, and so when Special K headed off in the car to put in his late entry and get to the start line, I ran down the driveway and up to the mountain trails. I meandered through Ainslie and Campbell on the bush tracks until I got close to the lake. From there I went up, over and under Kings Ave bridge and along the lake foreshore until I could turn and run up Telopea Park to the Sri Chinmoy finish line. I was there just in time to see Special K do his last one mile lap and complete the 5 miles in a neat 36.32.
We were lucky to get our respective runs done in the morning sun as it soon clouded over post event. But a cloudy afternoon is perfect for watching Collingwood smash Melbourne in the footy or going to the movies. Perhaps both?

2 comments:
Stop bragging Liz! You're only working 3 days this week!
Special K ran well - 3rd place! It was quite a pleasant (for road) course for 5 laps. Don't think I'd have enjoyed 13 though. Sorry I didn't hang around and chat - went for a warm-down and when I got back you'd run off.
3 days work per week would be even better than 4. Pity it's not a typical week. Perhaps I'll start working towards that being my new norm :)
Post a Comment