Since we'd only been home for a few days in between France and going to the Blue Mountains for the 100km, getting home from the Wild Endurance event essentially heralded the start of getting back into normal life per se. Sigh ....
It's been a pretty uneventful few weeks in terms of blogging although I have managed to finish up in one job (yesterday was my last day - Yey!) and get ready to start a new job with a different organisation (I start next week - Yikes!). I've also managed to have my mum come and visit for a few days. And I've managed to run and cross train enough to keep me fit and sane, without stirring my chronic knee pain up to an intolerable level.
I'm off to see the orthopaedic surgeon in a fortnight's time to get some scans of my knees done and an assessment of my osteo condition. That will at least give me a more definitive diagnosis on which to plan my training and events for the rest of the year - or not as the case may be :( I sincerely hope that the news is not all bad so that I can soon start blogging about some upcoming events rather than more uneventful stuff.

6 comments:
Hope the scan doesn't show it as being as bad as that photo. Also hope the doc tells you there's a permanent solution that's not as scary as a knee replacement. Good luck! Can't wait to hear what your plans for the rest of the year are.
Your mum came to visit and we didn't get to meet for coffee? Unless it was when I was in WA you are in BIG trouble young Liz! Lol! Best of luck with the scan. I hope to read good news in a few weeks' time. Give your mum a hug from me when you see her next and make sure you factor an all important coffee date next time she is in town young lady! xx
Almost forgot - do hope the new job is going well:)
Hey Ruth, mum was only here for a couple of days to see/hear Meg's 2 day singing competition at the School of Music. The only non singing competition time we had was the morning you guys were running the half marathon :( Next time .... I promise :) Have a FAB trip!
Ruth, that's what I was thinking! Young Liz is in big trouble!
I have been known to fly up for lunch. It could easily happen again.
Post a Comment