WOW! It's been two weeks since my last blog update. That shows that a lot has been happening, hence the title of this blog entry - ie, Happenings.
My new job has continued to be very busy and interesting, but also very full on. Now it is not so much the learning curve - I'm pretty "there" with that - it's more the sheer workload. I'm in the process of setting some parameters about how much can reasonably be expected to be done in any one day because basically the sky is the limit. By managing upwards I hope my work days will soon become more managable.
On the home front it has been exam time for Capital I and Little A. Thankfully they have both finished now and we are all breathing a sigh of relief. Whew .....
As per my last blog entry, my running has continued to be routine, and while the tiring demands of my new job and the kids' very late nights of studying have meant that I've run slower and more fatigued than I should of, running has continued to be my respite. Plus there have been some nice and out of the ordinary running moments of late - eg, on Wednesday my friend Richard from the Northern Territory joined us for our our normal Wednesday West run group session, and then yesterday, I ran a chatty 30km @ ~4.55min/km pace with Captain James (main organiser of the Wed West group, also known as Surger).
All of that brings me to today..... And today I went to Kerrie B's to go through the logistics of crewing for her at the 240km Coast to Kosci ultramarathon which starts this coming Friday. All good, all sorted. It's sooooooo exciting. For those who are interested in the race, live updates will be available here: http://www.coast2kosci.com/live.php. There's an awesome field of competitors this year and the race among the women in particular should be exciting with so many top quality and in form women running. Just think .... this time next week we should be well and truly finished C2K and STILL celebrating. Stay tuned ..... :)
5 comments:
Lucky Ruth's away or she'd be on your case about not having blogged for so long ;)
It'll be an exciting (tiring?) weekend. Go Kerrie! I presume it starts Friday morning? I'll check in after work and see how she's going.
Yep, starts 5.30am Friday. Kerrie's goal is to finish in time to have us all back in the pub at Jindabyne by Sat night. I'm holding her to that :) It's going to be a fun adventure. However, I've been told that I'm not allowed to enjoy it so much that I come home wanting to run it myself next year. Hehehehe .....
Jindabyne pub Saturday night sounds like the place to be... should I risk it & come along I wonder???
Great idea Speedygeoff! See you there! Bring some friends :) There's lots of well known Canberra runners running :)
Love to but I have a prior engagement - a certain little friend's 30th Birthday/"welcome to the Vets" celebration.
Post a Comment