This week was my first full week in the new job and it certainly was full on. It is essentially a very busy, demand driven job. I like the busy-ness though, and the fact that I'm not stuck at a desk all day :)
While I'm still settling into the groove of the new job I have at least been able to suss out the scope (or not) for running and work to fit around each other. I think I should be able to do the lunchtime BBQ Stakes and perhaps even CJs periodically. I'd like to say regularly but I think that would be unrealistic.
I've had an okay running and cross training week this week. The learning curve and demands of the new job have made me tired, and so while I've been able to stick to my training program, most of my sessions have been sluggish.
Yesterday I ran a long, slow run with Kerrie B. It was one of her last long runs prior to racing the 240km Coast to Kosci ultramarathon on 9-10 Dec, and it was one of my last long runs as her support crew for the same event.
Today has been an easy day and an opportunity to get some ticks off the never ending list of "things to do". It was also good to have the opportunity to hear my friend GEM (who rides her bike with me when I run twice a week, every week) sing in a concert. We all have different interests/talents, and while she reckons she can't run, I KNOW I can't sing. I'm so impressed with her amazing voice.
2 comments:
Sounds like you're settling in well. The BBQ would be a good social run too. Yeah, that's so true about singing. The realisation of talent (or not) is immediate. I'm on your side of the talent hill with that one!
I think you and Ewen should sing a duet at our next coffee get together lol! You sound as though you are really enjoying your new job which is so good:) In 2 weeks on 7 Dec BBQ stakes is being held at 6pm instead of lunchtime as it's a relay night followed by a real BBQ. Hope you can come! xx
Post a Comment