Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Great Week Off

I finally got back from Melbourne (no thanks to Qantas) and have had a great week off work.

With more time for everything I've thoroughly enjoyed my running, rest and recreation (including lots of coffee with friends) this week. This mini holiday also seemed to benefit my running in that I ran the swiftest "Wed West" run I've run in ~12mths on Wed (thanks Simon C!), and I got both a quality 22km in yesterday with GEM on her bike alongside me and then a very comfortable long run with Kerrie B and Martin F (Flyer) this morning.

Having more time and being able to revolve other things around my running, rest and recreation this week has reminded me of how lucky fulltime athletes are. How good it must be to be able to prioritise things this way every day. Alas, it's now Sunday pm and time for my reality check - ie getting to grips with the fact that this good thing is about to come to an end and it's back to work and the daily juggle from tomorrow onwards. Oh well ....

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good to see you on Saturday. Looking forward to a coffee catch-up this weekend - it's been a while!

Yes, I often wonder how some of these professional runners would go if we dragged them through a couple of months of our 'normal' working weeks prior to a big race. Not so fast is my guess!