Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Melbourne Again


I've spent the last few days in Melbourne. I've been to Melbourne a lot over the last 12 months. Unlike all my other visits to Melbourne this year though, the main purpose of this trip was not running related. It was to finish the practical component of my qualification to do physical exercise therapy sessions with cardiac rehab patients. It was a terrific course and I'm done now - ie, fully qualified - yey!

Unfortunately, the course was held in a very running unfriendly part of Melbourne and so I've done more treadmill sessions in the last few days than I've done in the last year! But .... there's a time and a place for everything, and I got both a good workout from the treadmill sessions and enjoyed the novelty. Enough is enough though :)

Also, the prac course was quite physically demanding in terms of strength, flexibility and coordination, and so I finished up doing more cross-training and exercise per se than I would of if I was having a normal week at home.

As someone directly affected by the Qantas industrial action (ugh!) I have to say I am VERY glad that they have gone back to work so I can go home :)

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Being stuck in Melbourne wouldn't be too bad if your course had been near the Tan! Congrats on the qualification. Hope I never need your help! Good to see you this morning - looking forward to a coffee catch-up next week!