
WOW! C2K has been and gone, and now Christmas has been and gone. The end of year busyness has certainly had a hold of me and time has slipped by. So ... where was I?
After getting home from C2K and unpacking, I downloaded my GPS data from the time I spent on foot while crewing for Kerrie. It turns out that I ran/walked 78km with her during the event. That 78kms certainly added to my normal weekly kms and it certainly added to my C2K sleep deprived fatigue. It was all worth it though. It really was a wonderful adventure. I would definitely crew again and I would definitely consider running C2K myself.
The week after C2K was unbelievably busy at home and at work. With Christmas looming there were deadlines on all fronts as well as lots of end of year occasions. I just jogged through it all – both literally and metaphorically :)
Christmas Day was at our place and I was the chef. It was a busy, vibrant day with 12 guests for lunch. All went smoothly. Like all those who spend most of Christmas Day in the kitchen though, I was glad when it was over so some proper relaxation could begin. And that brings me to the here and now ...
For Christmas, Special K and I gave each other the much researched and much wanted kayaks we have been pondering for the last few months (pictured), and so for the rest of the warmer months we plan to alternate kayaking with our other regular summer past-time - i.e., tennis. All fun and all good cross training as well.
In terms of running, my “what next?” is the Hobart marathon on 8 January. With all the long, slow training pre C2K it’s hard to tell what kind of shape I’m in in terms of marathon running. However, I was disappointed with my run in the Hobart marathon last January and so my goal is just to run better than that, and I think(?) I’m in good enough shape to do that. We will see on 8 January.
2 comments:
Good luck in Hobart. You don't want the wind I had today blowing against you on the way back.
Just hard work. However, given 78 km you otherwise may not have done in tough conditions, you'll be fine. May be a bit of speed missing, enjoy.
The kayaks will certainly be fun. Enjoy the warmer weather.
Love the photo with the swans. Perfect cross-training now that it's *finally* warmed up!
Hobart will seem like a short flat sprint after that 78k effort. Have fun, and don't forget to bring back some chocolate!
Post a Comment