One of the times I love the most is immediately post race. It's a time when I can legitimately run "whatever" in training and when I can go back to the drawing board and think about "what next?" from scratch. It's like the world is my oyster all over again. This time, post the Goldcoast marathon, my options are:
(a) go shorter and sharper and try to run a faster half marathon,
(b) concentrate on my all time favourite - ie, the marathon - and try again to get closer to my marathon PB (which I never expect to improve on but which I'd like to get closer and closer to before growing old(er) and getting further and further away from), or
(c) work on improving my personal best and personal worst (ie, they are one in the same!) ultra marathon performance.
At the moment I am being drawn to doing two of those options. Fortunately they are not mutually exclusive because of the time in between them. For the time being though I'm just going to keep thinking about both of them. I need to fully recover from the marathon before I can make a rationale, informed and smart decision.
1 comment:
Now that's mysterious. I wonder which two you'll go for? I think (b) is definitely possible. I wouldn't rule out something very close to 3 hrs again - esp after seeing that performance by the 60+ winner! Anyway, enjoy the "whatever" training and the "what next" possibilities :)
Post a Comment