
New shoes always make me feel like I'm making a fresh running start. Today I ran in my 7th(!) pair of new Mizuno Creation shoes. I've tried other shoes, and I always have 1-2 other pairs (dfferent brands) "on the go" at the same time, but the Creations are my favourites.
Today was another easy run, this time with GEM on her bike beside me for the duration.
A week of thinking time post the marathon + inspiration from my new running shoes and I've decided on my next few running events. I just have to sort some work/home practicalities so that I can do them. I hope to work all that out this week.
4 comments:
How fortunate that they match your shorts :) Looking forward to seeing what you have planned.
Always colour coordinated - it makes up for my lack of running talent.
Heard an interview with Matthew Syed ( table tennis player )re his book "Bounce:how champions are made". Thought, if you haven't read it, you may be interested in getting hold of a copy. Basically he says that champions are the result of constant, hard work. He says ' need to believe that excellence hinges on practice'.
Sounds like an interesting book Prestige. Lots of the running books and sports psych books I have read have a similar message - ie, to be the best you can be you have to live like you are already very good at what you do. In other words, be disciplined and train hard/smart. I just can't imagine dedicating myself to table tennis! But who knows, when I'm too old and broken to run marathons table tennis might be one of my few remaining options.
Post a Comment