Saturday, February 13, 2010

Virtual Running

This time last week I was @ Lake St Clair in Tas and I'd just finished the Cradle Mt 82km a couple of hours beforehand. Here I am a week later and I'm still living with the consequences of that event. Sun-Mon I couldn't walk at all, Tues I hobbled, Wed I tried to jog (big mistake!), Wed pm the pain and swelling in my legs (particularly the left one) went backwards and so from Wed pm I have just been virtual running - ie, pool running, elliptical running @ the gym etc. I'll be doing more of the same for awhile yet ......

6 comments:

strewth said...

I have been enthralled reading the reports of this amazing event. You did so well - wow! The photos were great and it looked very scary in parts. I believe today was your birthday. I do hope you had a wonderful relaxing day and enjoyed a well-deserved rest. Happy birthday - you are a star!

Jog Blog said...

Thanks Strewth. Hope to be out there running with you guys soooooooon.

Two Fruits said...

Recovery takes time after such a long hard event. You have done well to be moving at all even after a week. Go with plenty of cold water treatment, it works well, the colder the better. Take this as the break from running you need and you will be back better than ever.

Ewen said...

Not to mention having coffee with us soooooon :) You missed a fun session at Parly House this evening.

Jog Blog said...

Running and coffee they go together.

I'm keen to join the Speedy Geese on Mondays but I'm not recovered enough from the Cradle Mt 82km quite yet to be doing any pace. Bear with me. I'm aiming to join in from the first week in March.

Two Fruits said...

We head to Vic on Saturday, run Sunday morning, stay overnight at Healesville. It's too long a drive to come home on same day. Home Monday. Just want a dry track and sunny day.