The thing about having a crazy, unpredictable work schedule and several weekends away in a row is that you can suddenly find yourself asking "now, where was I/am I?" That is certainly what I have found myself asking myself over the last few days, particularly with respect to running and upcoming running events/races.
Family and friends have entered me in the Canberra Times Fun Run this weekend. Good on them (NOT!). It's never been a favourite event of mine and at this point in time I could easily run a personal worst 10km. Ugh! I'm considering dressing up like lots of the other crazies so that only I know how slowly I run it!
After that, I have a mix of trail, road and multi sport events (the latter as part of a team) that I'd like to do before the end of the year. A few of those plus some purely recreational running in Hamilton Island while we are on holidays will take me up to Christmas. WOW! This year is racing by!
5 comments:
CTFR - that's why I am leaving town. Not a fun run for me. Dress up and slow down, at least the weather forecast is warm.
I've heard Jim White is going as Bruno - maybe you could dress up as Caster Semenya?
Hehehehe ... Ewen, I love your suggestion! Caster Semenya and I are soooooooooooooooooo alike!!! People will think I'm her/him!
BTW Ewen, will you be out there running the Canb Times on Sun??
I've entered! I'll be a good 5 minutes behind you. I'll look out for your green bike shorts and black boot polish smeared arms and legs disappearing into the distance.
Post a Comment