And as a post script to my previous post .... thanks guys! .... for having me - a girl! eeek! - come on the long runs with you. Much appreciated. Particular thanks to Two Fruits who does such a great job of scheduling 2-3 months of long runs in advance, and to Nick M for 32kms of company today and for preventing me from getting lost out there on the maze of remote trails.
3 comments:
Great to have you along as it makes us run faster. And Nick was the only one that heard you chat all the way, even up the hills he said you chatted. I need to set out a plan and then I have something to follow. It's all about having fun.
What?! Couldn't 2 apples keep up? No hope for me then!
Well done on the Syd 1/2 marathon Ewen. Even better that you enjoyed it - that is, after all, what it is mostly meant to be about.
"Yes!" Two Fruits, it is all true .... I chatted ALL the way thru the 32km @ the Cotter on Sun, including on the long uphill climbs! Poor Nick. He heard it all for the full 32kms! Actually, I think I was doing him a favour ... shifting his pain from physical to mental! That's my theory anyway. Hehehehe .....
Ewen, I'm just cruising along at the moment. Haven't set a "what next?" goal quite yet and so I'm happy to run at whatever pace. When I'm out in the sticks with the 6ft track trg boys I'm mostly interested in sticking with someone who knows where they are going! Speed is a secondary consideration. Might/might not see you out there this Sat as we are off to Hamilton Island this weekend so am not yet sure how a long run @ the Cotter on Sat am is going to fit. I'm working on it though .........
Post a Comment