Sunday, September 13, 2009

10km Fun Run/Race

I was surprised and pleased to run the Canberra Times 10km Fun Run/Race in 40mins today.

Conditions were very warm and blustery, and the race organisation at the start line was very poor. (The start was help up by ~20mins while the very late water truck delivered water to the drink stations along the route.) Such environmental and practical factors, combined with a lack of speed training, made it even more pleasing to be able to pull out a decent 10km - not a fantastic 10km, but a decent 10km.

5 comments:

Ewen said...

Nah, that's bloody decent! You were only 2 minutes off the podium!

Jog Blog said...

Thanks Ewen. How did you go? Did you have a good Canb Times run? And are you running with Steve et al this Sat @ the Cotter?

Ewen said...

I didn't run - ran in Wagga instead.
Not this Saturday - doing the half in Sydney - after that I plan to do the long runs. Have a good one - don't go so slow that Steve can keep up.

Two Fruits said...

Ewen ran very well at Wagga considering the distractions during the run. Being a male is not easy. I should be able to keep up as I know where to go.

Jog Blog said...

Well done on you Wagga run Ewen. Go well in the Syd 1/2 this weekend.