Sunday, July 28, 2013

Random Steps Backwards & Forwards

Things had been going well up until my last blog post but then ..... as random life would have it, I suffered an impinged nerve in my neck (C7,C8). Long story cut short, I spent ~8 days in agony and on mega doses of endone, panadeine forte and voltaren. Then, 3 days ago, there was a ~5% improvement, and in the last 24hrs another ~5% improvement. As anyone who has had a nerve impingement would know, nerve damage heals sequentially and so depending on how far down the spinal chord the damage/impingement is, the quicker or slower the recovery and pain relief. Also, nerve damage is notoriously slow to repair per se compared to muscle damage. Hence, the long lasting effects of a relatively simple injury in my case. Ugh!

However, every cloud does have a silver lining, and not only is the nerve injury/damage/pain improving, but the mega medication I have been on to address it has also had a positive impact on my recovering knee conditions.

I want to finish this post on an "up" or "stepping forwards" note and so I am happy to report that I was able to run both yesterday and today, almost painfree :) Short and slow, but almost painfree nevertheless :)

3 comments:

Ewen said...

You poor thing! That sounds awful. Glad you're on the mend and back to short slow jogging.

strewth said...

Ouch Liz. Do hope you have more "forwards" than "backwards" steps. That sounds very painful. Xxx

Jog Blog said...

Thanks Ewen and Ruth. Another 5% improvement over the last few days :)