This week has been crazy busy at home and at work, and while I managed to fit all my scheduled training sessions in, the quality of them definitely deteriorated as the week wore on. In fact by Friday they were becoming positively lacklustre :( I've deliberately had an easy training weekend this weekend in an effort to start the new week with more energy and to reclaim some the quality I had earlier in the week.
It's less than 3 weeks now until I head off to Coast to Kosci to crew for Pam. We've had a couple of crew meetings already and all our arrangements are falling into place nicely. We are really looking forward to the adventure and hoping for good weather. If I could I'd put in an order for weather as optimal as last year when I crewed for Kerrie B. It was close to perfect conditions for the type of event C2K is and for how long we'll all be out in the elements. Fingers crossed :)
As for my own goal events, at this stage I'm thinking the Canberra Marathon in April is soon enough.
5 comments:
My excuse is that my smartphone is my primary consumption device and responding can be tedious. I'm giving it a go on device 2, the iPad.
Last year the CoastToKosi updates on the road were great as we could get a feel for where various runners we know were up to. If all the crew teams could post somewhere central it would be helpful.
I'm too self conscious to comment - unless I can think of something funny.
It had better be a tad warmer than it was this arvo - a very cool easterly blowing. At least that would be a tailwind to blow Pam to the top of Kosci.
Fantastic to hear from you Greg! I'll try and post more often from C2K this year. The obstacles to posting more often are: (a) being out of mobile range & not having reception (ie, 25+% of the time), and (b) being on tap to the runner every 20mins (ie, it's a very busy ~33+ hrs with no sleep). But, the fact that you and others have said you are so interested in very regular updates is definitely an incentive for me to try harder to provide them.
How's your own running going??And what's your next goal event?
You, Ewen, self conscious? Really? :) You are my most frequent poster/commenter. Keep up the good work! And keep those good weather wishes going for C2K.
You will be a great support crew for Pam. It will probably be hard work but heaps of fun. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the perfect weather for you both! Do hope your energy returns next week and it's less crazy for you. I know what lack of energy feels like, that's for sure!
Post a Comment