LOTS of people tell me they read my blog and yet not many people comment. Why is that? If you read my blog then why don't you comment? What's the obstacle? Is it just that you want to know what training i've been doing but don't want to share yours or is it that you don't think you know me and my other blog followers very well and so you are reluctant to comment or ????
Whatever the obstacle or reason please put it aside. Please comment. I say that not just because I'm interested in your running thoughts but because I'd also like my blog to be a place where people can exchange ideas and chat about running. So, there you go, I've thrown down the gauntlet - ie, the blog commenting challenge. Go for it!

5 comments:
Well said Liz, I get the same reaction with only one or two, usually Ewen writing anything on a regular basis.
I just try to put down what I have done, and anything special that might have happened.
They must be shy. Like me ;-)
You've got that word quiz thingo turned off so that's one less obstacle to commenters.
Maybe they're intimidated by your ordindary 2:59 marathon? Perhaps ask a question as part of a post. This works for Stefano - http://cavnero.blogspot.com.au/ although he hasn't done it recently.
I read one blog that has over 100 'members' but might only get 5 or 10 comments. I'm with you though - wish people would engage more!
I read everything jogblog writes. She's one of the nice people on the running scene.
So sorry I haven't been reading many blogs lately Liz but I do try to read yours. I love what you write and love to hear what training you are doing. I think lots of people do read blogs without commenting but I find if one person comments it seems to encourage other people to comment too. Fingers crossed people will get the message! Good news with my echogram btw:) xx
Thanks guys! You are the best! And all of you have been good commenters over the years :) Let's keep it up with each other's blogs :) Let's also hope some of our lurkers come out and publicly engage with us all. After all, we are all just ordinary runners :)
Post a Comment