Friday, September 7, 2012

Spring!

It's spring! Well ... kind of. We've had bi-polar weather this week - ie, a bit of early spring weather and some hangover winter weather. For those of us who run all year round though you can tell that spring is either here or nearly here as there are a lot more runners out there @ 6am. The cynical among us call them "fair weather runners" - ie, those who only run (outdoors) when the weather is mild which in Canberra means late spring to early Autumn - ie, ~5 months of the year.

In terms of my own running ... it's spring(!) in that I've definitely had a spring in my step :) That doesn't mean I'm running very fast - I am so not :( . It just means that I'm enjoying being out there in moderate comfort (compared to injury pain) and enjoying the new season mild weather.

Being a lover of warm weather and a whinger of cold weather "more is better" so ... bring on more spring and then summer weather I say :)

3 comments:

Ewen said...

You'll never see me out there at 6am! After yesterday's snowy blast I'm over it. Bring on the swooping magpies!

Two Fruits said...

You won't see at 6 am either, but I really enjoy the warm/hotter weather. Let's all enjoy the next 6months.

Jog Blog said...

Running @ 6am is a necessity for some of us :(

The spring weather is awesome but watch out for those evil magpies! They are out there swooping already :(