Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Not Much News & What Works For You :)

The biggest "news" is that it's only a week since I last blogged. Whew! and Wow!

When I first started blogging I undertook to do so at least weekly and preferably a little more often than that. What has ended up happening is that as busyness has taken over my blogging frequency as decreased, and as injury has taken over on top of that, my blogging frequency has decreased even further. So .... while there is not much "news" to report since my blog entry of a week ago, the fact that there's a blog entry within that time frame is (trivial!) news in itself. It's also a sign that running is going better than it has been for the last 6+ months when busyness and injury really started to consume my life.

The little news that there is = I'm jogging along okay. My sustainable running/cross training combination = 4 runs per week & 3 cross training sessions (worst case) or 5 runs per week & 2 cross training sessions. Yes, that is right, the difference between worst and best is finely tuned. But hey, that's a training break through in itself. It's all about what works for you ....

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Regular blogging is good news :) I've been slack. Have something to write but no time during the week. Good news about your jogging/cross training.

Jog Blog said...

Thanks Ewen. Unfortunately, while my new running/cross training regime is working well in terms of sustainability, the quality/speed of my running per se has decreased in line with reduced quantity. On the one hand I'm sad about that, but on the other hand, it's about accepting that less running at a slower pace is better than not running at all. And at the end of the day that's the reality of the choice and it's not a hard choice :)