Tuesday, August 28, 2012

All Good

WOW! Another 2 weeks has passed since my last blog entry. Busy-ness prevails and time flies.

I'm delighted to be able to report that for the first time in a long time (hmmm .... perhaps "ever"?) taking my own advice re: injury management has actually worked :) At the onset of my hammie injury I didn't continue to run on it as I always would have in the past. Instead, I gave in to commonsense and conventional wisdom and stopped running and got into the gym. Within a week it was coming good, and then it became "all good". WOW! So perhaps it's true that early and proper injury management brings the best and quickest results :)

This last week has been a great mix of training and experiences. I alternated running days with cross training days in order to capitalise on the success of my gym based injury management and to ease myself back into running. And then, on Thursday evening I headed to Sydney to crew for my mates doing the Oxfam Trailwalker 100km. Some of them had crewed for me in the 100km Wild Endurance trek I did in May and so I was returning the favour. This meant a weekend of "crew walking" interspersed with trips to Fernwood in Hornsby in between some of the longer legs of the Trailwalker when the team was out on the trails for several hours at a time and I had some time to kill. It all added up to another week of "all good".

Because of all of the above, this week has got off to a tired start. However, I'll go for tired over injured any day and so yet again it's "all good".

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Great to hear it's 'all good'! Now that you can follow your own advice I'd say you're qualified to offer advice to other runners ;)

strewth said...

So good that the gym worked the right way for you this time. Looking forward so much to catching up on Sat. One day I will run again!!