Sunday, July 3, 2011

Resisting Temptation

When I went to collect my race number(s) from the Goldcoast marathon festival expo on Friday afternoon I was sooooooooooo tempted to change my plans and run the marathon as per usual instead of the 10km on Sat and the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. Such is the lure of the marathon per se for me and my affection for the Goldcoast marathon in particular (probably because it's where I ran my marathon PB of 2.59.38 in 2007). But, I made myself stick to my plan of back to back shorter runs in preparation for the Townsville marathon in 4 weeks time and I'm glad I did. I was happy to run 42mins in the 10km yesterday and even more happy to back up with 90mins flat in the 1/2 marathon today. Individually and collectively both served as good hitouts for me pre Townsville.


As always, the Goldcoast marathon festival was terrific - great atmosphere, wonderful weather, top class runners and an event for runners of all levels. And for those of us into socialising, good coffee and shopping (you know who you are!!) there was a good amount of that as per usual as well :)

As I sit at the airport now, suitably tired and waiting to fly home, it's satisfying to have had another great running weekend and a pity that it's nearly over and that tomorrow is "business as usual" Monday. But hey, better to have had it and for it to be over than not to have had it at all :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats again, Liz. What awesome results!

Ewen said...

Hey, those are two very solid 'training' runs. Well done! Very good prep for Townsville. Yes, I know who I am. Missed it this year :(

rinusrunning said...

You run fast!.