I let myself have a pretty easy running week this week post racing x2 last weekend. I've never raced a 10km race one day followed by a 1/2 marathon the next day and so I wasn't quite sure what to expect in terms of race impact and recovery required. As it turned out I enjoyed leisurely plodding along this week with no particular "have to do" quality or quantity sessions. However, my self determined period of grace finished on Friday and I ran a decent 30km with Captain James (ie, leader of our Wednesday West run group) on Saturday am. I got through it well enough but it did feel as if it took more effort than it should have.
I have three weeks now until the Townsville marathon. Of course going from training in -5deg to "racing" in 25+deg could be my undoing but I'll take my chances just for the sake of having another warm break from Canberra's freezing winter (read: I'm over being this cold! Brrrrrr......)
No comments:
Post a Comment