I’ve been a bit behind with everything since getting back from the Goldcoast marathon running festival on the weekend of 2-3 July. Work and home have been exceptionally busy with another spate of early am work starts and unpredictable finish times, and a full-on schedule of Kanga Cup soccer games for Capital I and Little A, both of whom played 8 games each in 5 days last week. All of that meant squeezing in whatever running I could wherever I could, and culminated in a second (unplanned) easy running week post the Goldcoast. Oh well ....
Saturday just gone was Special K’s birthday and it was the first quiet, relaxed day we’ve had in ages. Apart from my 26km hilly run mid morning, we spent the day socialising. We had a lovely lunch at Joey’s Kitchen (previously Carlo’s @ Watson) and then dinner at the Taj Mahal in Civic where we have had many fabulous Indian meals over the last 30 years of wining and dining together.
Bright and early Sunday morning I headed off to Ballarat to visit my mum for the first time since my dad died at the end of May. It was a good visit although one day (just ONE(!) day) I wish Ballarat would turn on some warm, sunshine-y weather. I live in hope .....
The remainder of this week is going to be irregular but hopefully not as all over the place as the last 10 days. Both with running and everything else I need to start catching up.
1 comment:
Plenty of warm, sunny weather over here Liz. Too warm! First pleasant morning today - about 70F at the moment. I've even postponed my run to this arvo as the max will only be 74F.
Post a Comment