Friday, March 4, 2011

A Women's Day

Today was a day off work to do girls' stuff. It started with a long run (the 1st 5km with JMc and Nell the border collie, the last 15km with GEM on bike beside me, & the rest by myself). It was all perfectly timed and orchestrated! It was colder than I expected at 5.45am and it took 5+km for me to warm up properly. Brrr... After that it was a glorious, crystal clear morning. I ran decently enough and it felt like a bonus having the long run done before the weekend.

After a long shower and toasted sandwiches at home I had special 50th birthday coffee with birthday girl CJ and super Strewth. I couldn't stay and chat for as long as i'd have liked though as I was due at the International Womens Day lunch at the convention centre. It was a vibrant occasion and the keynote speaker - a princess from south Africa, campaigning for the elimination of AIDS - was an inspiring reminder of how lucky we are.

From there (yes there is more! - lots!) I picked up Little A and friend and drove to Sydney for the Rhianna concert. It was great and a terrific end to a terrific girly day.

It's late now which means it's rest time. Rest is important when there's power shopping to do in the morning before heading home.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

You were organised! I heard that lady interviewed on the radio - she's amazing. Said the one time in her life she wished she had a camera was when she was seated next to Barack Obama.