Not being fully over my headcold, I opted to run an easy paced 32km run today instead of racing the Weston Creek 1/2 marathon. It was a good choice given the circumstances. I would have been disappointed with the poor return on investment I was sure to get given how much more effort it takes to run at race pace when you are sniffy and snotty, and yet how much slower you inevitably go. It was better to get some training benefit out of a steady paced long run instead.
I'm very glad that it's a long weekend and that tomorrow is a bonus day off. I wish every weekend was 3 days.
2 comments:
Good choice. I wish every work-week was 3 days! Or none. Oh to be a lady of leisure like Ruth ;)
Hopefully you're enjoying your day off and starting to feel a little better. Any distance is a long way to go when you're snotty.
Post a Comment