Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chocolate Fondue Hour


After a decent block of marathon training, I started to wind things back this week in preparation for the marathon in two weeks time. My weekday runs were pretty standard but yesterday I ran just 22km with Sarah from Sydney. We ran at "conversational pace" - in other words we talked incessantly for the whole run! I've been increasingly tired over the last few weeks and so I am actually looking forward to tapering.


Last night was Earth Hour. At 7.30pm we had seven 16yr olds arrive. The hurredly melted chocolate in the microwave, whipped up some cream and cut up very large strawberries. They then set up picnic blankets on the lounge room floor, lit their candles, turned off all the lights and enjoyed chocolate fondue hour. The rest of us adjourned to the family room and had a good old fashioned game of scrabble by candlelight. It was a lovely, peaceful evening (yes, even with seven 16yr olds!). Facebook tells me that they all had such a good time that Earth Hour (read: chocolate fondue hour) is to be at our place again next year.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Sounds like a lot of energy being consumed ;) Reminds me of the 'chocolate fountain' my nephew and niece always set up for Easter.

I'm always doing conversational pace, but it's listening incessantly as I can't get a word in edgeways.