Saturday, September 25, 2010
W....E.....I.....R....D Weekend
What a weird weekend so far. Nothing has gone according to plan. Special K and I were meant to go to a wedding this morning but a very sick Little A prevented that. In turn, that led to me dividing my last medium distance run into two runs which I haven't done for a long time. And then there was the AFL Grand Final .....!!!! As a forever Collingwood supporter I could not believe the final siren result - ie, a draw with the Saints. What an amazingly flukey result. I bet whoever thought up the "if there's a draw in the grand final it gets re-played the next weekend" rule never expected it to actually happen. Oh well ..... GO THE 'PIES (again!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Strange weekend indeed. My "'pies by 46" bet at work was off by a long way. Oh well, get to try again next Saturday.
I am old enough to remember the 1977 draw. Next Saturday will be so one sided that I'll turn the TV off a half time. Let's hope it's close, but not THAT close.
Post a Comment