Life has been insanely busy over the last 7-10 days, hence this belated Canberra Times Fun Run report.
I started the 10km fun run off with Special K, nice and easy, but the start was narrow and congested and we were quickly separated after only 1km. From that point onwards I went at my own easy fun run pace and really enjoyed it as a fun run.
Not having done anything resembling speedwork for ~3 months, and with the memory of the 100km Tan Ultra Marathon still in my mind and my body, I was happy to run at a pretty consistent pace and to finish just 35 seconds slower than last year. Last year I ran 40.40 and this year I ran 41.18.
My 1km splits for this year were:
1km - 4.11
2km - 4.04
3km - 3.58
4km - 4.17
5km - 4.09
6km - 4.08
7km - 3.58
8km - 4.08
9km - 4.06
10km -4.10
Special K came in ~2.5mins behind me in 43.51.
I now have ~3 weeks until the Melbourne Marathon. That's enough time to do one more quality long run and then a decent taper.
1 comment:
You ran well. Pretty amazing really, off no speedwork and so soon after the Tan. Nice even splits too - no '85k-drop-off' problems ;)
Post a Comment