I ran long yesterday and short today.
Yesterday I ran the first ~18km of my long run with Kerrie B. It was good to catch up with her and talk all things running. After having run the 100km at Glasshouse Mtns last weekend Kerrie very justifiably called it "time" for herself at 18km. I then went on and did the remainder of my long run by myself, thoroughly enjoying the crisp, clear, spring morning.
Today I had tired legs and a long list of home and work things to do and so running short suited both.
It is nearly marathon taper time and holiday time for me. How lucky that they coincide. I just have to be careful not to taper or holiday too much or I might turn up at the marathon start line fat, lazy and slow.
4 comments:
And not to use all that holiday time to run too much ;) Great time to chill out and indulge.
And eat, drink coffee and shop!!!
I'll have no problem with eating, drinking (both coffee and red wine!) and shopping.
It's all Ok Liz, I really only try to get people to get out there, off their backsides and do something active. I always wondered why Cathy Freeman didn't move up from running 400's to 800's or a bit longer. She said she just couldn't go any longer than 400 metres. Ps. I don't mind a coffee, don't drink wine & hate shopping, there is no converting me to like them.
Enjoy getting ready for Melbourne, a nice cool sunny day in Oct would be nice, not 4 seasons every hour we had in August.
Post a Comment