I've trundled through training as planned this week but my constant piriformis pain has made me feel like each run has been of poor quality regardless of whether or not it has been in reality. I've been very diligent with the rehab exercises, soft tissue therapy (ouch!!) and anti-inflammatories. It will be more of the same - both pain and pain management - for a few weeks yet.
4 comments:
I know about the 12 hour fat ass run in Canberra, Phil Essam is organsing, but I gather he wants the course to be on the new Menzies Walk, all concrete surface. I wouldn't last 1 hour let alone 12 hours. Caboolture is also out now, it looks like Mick, Nick & I will go to Maroondah Dam 50 km. We did a couple of years ago, it was really tough and scenic, but much of it got burned out in the Feb bush fires.
Ugh! 12hrs on a 1km concrete loop in Canberra would be no fun at all. Maroondah Dam is beautiful. Good choice. Pity it is so close to Cradle Mt. I don't think I could back up that quickly. Besides, I'll have no leave. Gives you and the other guys something good to aim for between now and 6ft.
I hope it's only a few weeks. Have you tried the Salonpas anti-inflammatory patches? Ruth said they worked well for her shoulder pain.
Yes, I don't like that concrete for 1k! The rippled edge is better to run on, but it's only 1 foot wide.
Hmmm .... never heard of Salonpas anti-inflammatory patches. I'm off to investigate them ..... Sounds better than the cortisone injection which is my only other "next option". Thanks.
Post a Comment