Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's all about the numbers

Running is a lot about numbers - distance, pace, time etc - and now I have a new number to focus on - ie, the number of kgs in the pack I have been training with in preparation for the Cradle Mt ultra. Yesterday I ran 41kms with 3kgs in the pack. Just a couple more kgs to add and I'll be like a little pack horse and have reached "race weight". Carrying the extra kgs is definitely not helping my piriformis pain but you've got to do what you've got to do.

3 comments:

Two Fruits said...

It will sure strengthen the legs as will all that up hill. You'll be glad you carried that extra on race day.

Two Fruits said...

That was me honking this morning in the bus. You looked comfortable from a distance running. Hope the pain is going away.

Jog Blog said...

Yep, saw and heard you in the bus this am. I was running home and just had 2kms to go.

Good luck with reaching your annual km tally. I'm sure you'll make it.