It turned out to be quite a good run for me. The weather conditions were ideal - ie, cool, overcast and still. And for some unknown reason I felt pretty good and ran a comfortable, even paced run.
I finished in 46.08. Pity I wasn't paying attention to the time and my pacing to lift the work rate over the last few hundred metres and bring it home in 45.XX, but hey, who cares? Not me.
So ... it's done for another year. What's next?
Well, immediately "what's next?" is pacing my WA running mate, Rob, in the GNW 100 mile event next weekend. The plan is to join him ~100km and pace him for the last 60-70km of rocky uphill through the night. It should be fun - in that masochistic kind of way. After that .... I might start training for the Melb Half Marathon :).
1 comment:
I noticed you were 4th A/G too - well done! I'd love a 45:XX 10k, but it's some way off. The 10k must have felt like a 100m sprint for a 100k runner!
Post a Comment